Governance and Advisory Bodies (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Conflict of interest - Code 21

Conflict of interest added to our school board handbook.

Started by Luanne Watson

0 Dec 9, 2013

Parish Consultation: What is it good for?

Dr. Mark Fischer, Professor of Theology at St. John’s Seminary in Camarillo, California discusses consultation in the parish setting.  How…

Started by Peter Denio

0 Sep 18, 2013

How Should Parish Pastoral Council Members be Chosen?

Management guru Jim Collins writes about the importance of organizations “getting the right people on the bus” in his bestseller  From Good…

Started by Jeffry Odell Korgen

8 May 6, 2013
Reply by Mila Glodava

Parish Finance Council Guidelines

The Catholic Standards for Excellence identify several activities for the finance council including: Assisting with the preparation and ap…

Started by Peter Denio

0 May 3, 2013

Sample Parish Pastoral Council Guidelines

Developing or re-establishing a parish pastoral council?  The Standards for Excellence provide some helpful practices related to its operat…

Started by Peter Denio

0 May 2, 2013

Orientation for work in the Church

At all levels (diocesan, parish, nonprofits), the Standards for Excellence recommends employee orientation (see #28).  That is, new employe…

Started by Lori Albanese

0 Jan 4, 2013

USCCB Election Do's and Don'ts

Thank you to Michel Brough for his focused and timely presentation of the Do's and Don'ts for Parishes. As a State Catholic Conference Dire…

Started by Edward Dolejsi

0 Aug 29, 2012

Prayer and Faith Sharing

I had a difficult time trying to decide under which forum I should put this post, but I finally decided on Governance.  It was in working w…

Started by Bill Pickett

7 Aug 19, 2012
Reply by Joseph G. Healey

Potential benefits of including laity on Priest Personnel Board

Many dioceses, mine included, have a Priest Personnel Board, which acts as a consultative body for the bishop, advising him about the assig…

Started by Lori Albanese

2 Aug 15, 2012
Reply by Lori Albanese

Restrictions for parochial administrators

In the case of a vacant or impeded see, canon law provides for a diocesan administrator (c. 413) and, in the case of a parish, a parish adm…

Started by Lori Albanese

0 Jul 26, 2012

RSS

© 2017   Created by Peter Denio.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service