All Discussions Tagged 'pastoral' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Role Confusion among Parish Leadership Bodies

Inevitably as I talk to different pastoral leaders, there seems to be a great deal of role confusion with regard to the key leadership bodi…

Started by Peter Denio

2 Oct 20
Reply by Peter Denio

Parish Consultation: What is it good for?

Dr. Mark Fischer, Professor of Theology at St. John’s Seminary in Camarillo, California discusses consultation in the parish setting.  How…

Started by Peter Denio

0 Sep 18, 2013

Sample Parish Pastoral Council Guidelines

Developing or re-establishing a parish pastoral council?  The Standards for Excellence provide some helpful practices related to its operat…

Started by Peter Denio

0 May 2, 2013

Prayer and Faith Sharing

I had a difficult time trying to decide under which forum I should put this post, but I finally decided on Governance.  It was in working w…

Started by Bill Pickett

7 Aug 19, 2012
Reply by Joseph G. Healey

Advisory Councils serve the pastor's apostolate, the laity's apostolate, or both?

Tom Gallagher wrote a thought provoking article in today's National Catholic Reporter regarding the role of advisory councils. In it, Mark…

Started by Peter Denio

8 Jun 6, 2012
Reply by Ben Mokry

The Need for Broad Consultation

Several years ago a prominent fast-food chain —seeking to increase sales through meeting the needs of its customers— placed feedback forms…

Started by David E. DeLambo

1 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Mark F. Fischer

The Challenges of Multiple Parish Pastoring

One of the significant changes in leadership in American parishes is the need for priests to pastor multiple parishes.  A recent book by Sr…

0 Mar 23, 2012

Five Descriptors of a Well-Formed Spirituality for Parish Groups

Leading retreats for parish groups is a favorite part of my job. I enjoy the secluded settings, the creating of sacred space using art and…

0 Feb 27, 2012

Testing a Parish Mission Statement with the Larger Parish

This post is a follow up to my earlier post on An Approach to Creating a Parish Mission Statement. Once a draft of a Parish Mission Stateme…

0 Jan 30, 2012

An Approach to Creating a Parish Mission Statement

A Parish Mission Statement should be a clear, concise statement of the parish’s purpose and reason for existence. It helps the parish to id…

0 Jan 30, 2012

RSS

© 2017   Created by Peter Denio.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service